Keep up the great work! Your efforts to keep our community safe and healthy do not go unnoticed. The active case count at Olivet College remains low. Continue to stay diligent, stay focused and find the joy in every day.
This week’s communication features important reminders, including:
- Dining on Campus
- Places to Study
- ClearPass Reminder
- Free COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus
- Visitor Policy
Dining in the KC, Take Away Meals and Meal Exchange Options
To help students stay fueled, focused and healthy, a variety of food service options are offered. The KC remains open for dine-in eating at 25% capacity. Take away meals are also provided at the KC. In addition, Meal Exchange options continue to be offered at the Starbucks Café for breakfast and lunch. Simply swipe your student ID for a complete packaged meal, which will be deducted from your weekly meal allowance, just as if you were at the KC.
Click here to view your breakfast and lunch Meal Exchange options. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask any member of the Chartwells staff.
Campus Nooks and Crannies Offer Space for Study, Zoom and Meals
Combat the chilly weather by finding a cozy indoor space where you can study, take part in Zoom classes and have a meal while practicing the required six-feet physical distancing. Below is a list of spaces on campus open to students. Please do not reposition furniture and adhere to signage related to room capacity or if food or beverage is allowed in the area.
- Blair Hall — The Thomas Commons.
- Dole Hall — Computer labs/lounges on each floor.
- Shipherd Hall — The main lobby and computer lab.
- Mott Academic Center — Near the auditorium is a comfortable seating area and a table with chairs.
- Mott 307— Computer lab when class is not in session.
- Starbucks Cafe — Limited seating is available.
- Conservatory — An open lounge area is open to all.
- Cutler Event Center — Seating is available in hallways. The Lawrence Room may also be used, if class is not in session.
- Roznowski Learning Commons — The lower level of the library offers comfortable seating and study areas. A Zoom Room is also in the Roznowski Learning Commons. No food allowed in this area.
- Burrage Library — The Fireplace Room is open for use when not occupied, as well as seating outside of the Fireplace Room.
In addition, Burrage Library has headphones (over the ear type) that you can check out just like a book. The headphones are disinfected when returned.
When on campus at any time, students, faculty and staff are reminded to complete a health and temperature screening using the OC CARES ClearPass app. Students must show their daily “clear pass” (via mobile app or email) to any faculty or staff member who asks to see that the daily screening has been completed.
Free COVID-19 Testing Available on Campus for Students and Staff
COVID-19 testing is available on campus for students and employees who have COVID-19 symptoms. If you fail the ClearPass daily screening, return to your home or residence hall. A campus representative will contact you to schedule a free COVID-19 test on campus as soon as possible. For more details, please read the “Monitor and Report Symptoms” section (pages 4-6) of the OC CARES Pandemic Response Plan.
OC CARES Campus Visitor Policy
In an effort to minimize the incidence and spread of COVID-19, outside visitors are still not permitted on campus. This includes family and dependents. Students enrolled in remote delivery courses are permitted to participate in campus-sanctioned events. If you have any questions about this policy, please email Dr. Amy Radford-Popp, dean of student engagement. Thank you for understanding the need for this policy.
“The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” — Winston Churchill, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom